14 sept. 2008

The Marathon of change

Today I ran my first 5k Marathon. I can now truely say, today my life is different. In the beginning of 2008, I weighed in @ 235 lbs, I drank 2L of diet Coke a day, I only ate processed foods out of a box and was smoking again (pack a day). One day when I was in Vietnam, I snapped. I had had enough. My life style was preventing me from actually living my life. I remember the moment. 1 km up a jungle path during a climb to the summit of a small mountain. I remember sitting down on this rock, thinking I was going to die. I had had enough. Of the climb (which I did finish) and of my life... it was then thatI decided it was time to stop being a victim of myself... the victim of my own self destruction. It was time to take my life in to my own hands and reclaim my life... reclaim my happiness. It wasn't an over night change... when I got down from my climb, I smoked a cigarette (or 20)... but the process had begun. It took until mid May, to start the physical exercise changes, but from then on, I was full on on the path towards change and today, Sept.14th, 2008, I accomplished something I never thought possible... running in a marathon. I cannot begin to express how emotional today has been. 5km in 32 minutes and 18 seconds... you have no idea how sweet that is. My life has changed. :-) Today, I no longer smoke, I no longer drink soft drinks, I no longer eat processed foods, I run, I cycle, I'm starting yoga (tomorrow) and I will be starting rock climbing and possibly Capoeira in a few weeks... I now weigh 211 lbs. For the first time in almost 10 years, I feel sexy... I feel proud... I feel alive.
Thanks to all my friends who have been there for me... Dominique, Joel, Nick, Jake, David... you have no idea how much gratitude I have towards you.
Namaste

Be the changes you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi

Aucun commentaire: