31 juill. 2008

still dreaming...

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm still Dreaming of Babylon... whatever that means these days. Movin' life forward in a positive direction, I guess is how, I'd best describe it. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it, but the name of my blog, "Dreaming of Babylon" comes from the title of a book by one of my favourite authors, Richard Brautigan. Beat poet and author, pretty obscure random stuff, but it always puts a smile on my face because it's so damn good. Dreaming of Babylon is not my favourite of his... I guess it would have to be Trout Fishing in America, but i must say that I really really dig his poetry... and generally I'm not a poetry guy. Check out the books, The Pill Versus the Springhill Mine Disaster... it's pretty good stuff...

"The Shenevertakesherwatchoff Poem"

Because you always have a clock
strapped to your body, it's natural
that I should think of you as the
correct time:
with your long blonde hair at 8:03,
and your pulse-lightning breasts at
11:17, and your rose-meow smile at 5:30,
I know I’m right.

"Oranges"
Oh, how perfect death
computes an orange wind
that glows from your footsteps,
and you stop to die in
an orchard where the harvest
fills the stars.

"A Candlelion Poem"
Turn a candle inside out
and you've got the smallest
portion of a lion standing
there at the edge of the
shadows.


---
Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed the poetry...

Have you ever had a day where you just needed a hug?... today is one of those days.

Aucun commentaire: